Sunday, October 19, 2008

Farewell To Fall Party

My parents hold an annual Farewell to Fall party each October. First we help them get their yard ready for winter. With all my mom's perennial flowers, this is time consuming work. Everyone pitches in, down to the 3 years olds. My Aunt Carol, and my cousins, usually join in on the fun.
A pumpkin carving contest is held and the winner gets a night at a Marriott Hotel of their choice. We carved the Dracula pumpkin and my sister did the 3 little pigs. The judges declared a tie, so both of us got a room! Caleb and Jaken did an entry of a black bat and won a prize for their age category.

A trick-or- treating is held, where we ALL dress in costume and the kids knock on each door on the property; house, barn, cottage, playhouse, bunkhouse, Ft. Liberty...making the rounds twice.

Lunch is served, around a roaring fire. These hot dog "mummies" were a hit with all ages.





My Aunt Carol organized kiddie games, which were Caleb's favorite part of the whole day. We all took home pumpkins from the garden.

8 comments:

Michelle Woj said...

Sounds like fun! Those hot dogs look delicious. :)

Jamie Jo said...

I'm glad we both won, so there were no hard feelings. I sensed some leftover hostility towards my witch from 2006! Your dracula was so cute, and took so much longer then mine did to make. I loved the boys bat. That's fun that they matched.

Stacey said...

What was your costume? I'm not so creative on the dress up side. I do have a wetsuit....I could squeeeeze my body into that like Cody

Vonnie said...

Your boys are so cute Sara. It looks like a great day...work done and fun as well.

Smiley0709 said...

Your family always does such fun stuff. I love it! Can you guys adopt me? ;)What was Cody dressed up as..? HILARIOUS! Looks like Zoolander or something :) I'll have to tease him about that.. I'm gonna have to steel that mummy dog idea. Those are so cute and i'm sure they're tasty! We gotta do lunch soon!

SaraPete said...

Cody was dressed as swimmer/scuba guy. It could have been Michael Phelps, but we forgot the swim cap!

Lindsay said...

Of course your parents send you to the Marriot if you win! :) Good to see you have a blog! Now I can keep an eye on you better!!!

Annie said...

I want to give Cody a special costume prize!