Monday, October 13, 2008

H. Potter Party





My parent's friend invited our family to his fabulous Halloween party . He owns an old church, with the accompanying pastor's house, in downtown Ogden. The 300 guests hardly bumped into each other. It was a Harry Potter theme and we saw some incredible costumes. Lindsey went as Hermione Granger, Ryan went as Hot Rod and Emma was a Bumble Bee. Cody was a pirate, I was a scarecrow, and the boys were transformers. Dad was a monster and Mom wore the costume from her childhood....a paper sack over her head........SAD!


The kids loved riding on the little train on the sidewalks in front of the church. We ate soups and donuts and played games in the basement with the little kids; cake-walk, fish pond, magic potions, golf, beanbags, spook alley and more.




After the party we spent the night in Liberty so the boys could help Dad cut down 4 poplar trees the next morning. It snowed just as they were finishing up.




6 comments:

Michelle Woj said...

Very cute costumes! Looks like you all had a fun time! :)

Smiley0709 said...

Way cute costumes!:) I miss going to halloween parties. Havent been to one forever!! Maybe we should all plan one next year, with all the kiddies :)

Kylee said...

I love that idea for a party! Mabye just because I love harry potter, who knows. It looks like it was a lot of fun though!

Jamie Jo said...

You are the hottest scarecrow ever!!! I can't remember who it was, but some comedienne jokes about Halloween being an excuse for women to dress up sexy/trashy. Not saying that you are. That came out wrong. I love the paper bag. That might be what we end up doing here. I could get free paper bags from Macey's and let the kids paint them like alien's!!!

Lee said...

You looked too cute to be a scarecrow. Jamies comment reminds me of the costume party on "Mean Girls" that I just watched yesterday with the girls. haha That party looks like a lot of fun- but the tree cutting activity did not :)

SaraPete said...

Too bad I couldn't truly be the sexy scarecrow, bc I had to add some extra clothing underneath the costume (leggings & shade shirt). Lee...good one about Mean Girls!