Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ogden Marathon











This past Saturday was the Ogden Marathon. Cody and I ran it in a relay team with 2 of my other friends and one other husband. It was the first time either Cody or I had ran in it, and it was so much fun! I ran the first leg so I got to start up at the top with my sister Stacey who came down from Portland to run the whole marathon. Cody drove us up to the top at about 6:30am. It was pretty chilly, but we found a nice warm fire to hang out by until the start. We ran together for about the first 1/4 mile, and then she was off!! My leg was 7 miles, and Cody's was 5 miles. He is fast and only got passed by one person!! We took the bus to the finish and were able to see Stace finish! Lots of people looked like they were going to die, but she was hardly sweating!! Our team's overall time was 3:39. It's the 2nd fastest time a Gold's Gym team has ever done, so that made us happy! I was also so proud of my dad, and my brother-in-law Todd who both did awesome in the half-marathon!! We can't wait until next year!!

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's awesome that your tewam did it so fast, I like your matchy outfits.

Annie said...

I'm only aware of you doing a "training" run once. How nice would that be to just be in shape enough to go out and do an event because your daily life is your training.

Jamie Jo said...

Weren't you proud of me? I think my time was close to your time.

Lee said...

it's great how running in an official race gets you pumped for more races- also you look at people older and heavier than you doing a marathon and you think: hey if they can do it, I can do it! so i won't be surprised to see you doing a marathon in the near future!

Lara said...

Wow! Great job guys!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

YOU are AMAZING! WOW! And it looked so beautiful out! I swear you look like you are getting younger, and younger!

PS. I sent you an invite to my blog. We went private.

Papa Trace said...

What a fun day we had. Nothing makes Papa Trace happier than to see his posterity out exercising together. In case you wondered, I took a minute off my time from last year (even with 4 weeks off due to the fx arm) and finished
7th in my age group out of 40. If I take another 30 sec/mi off next year I may make it to the medals. You girls all stood out from the competition because you had a smile on your face at finish line.

Stacey said...

Yeah, what about the walking girls....and Rachel. Kudos to them as well. Get that foot better and you and Cody could do duo team relay and kick some bootie. Come up here and see what you can do at sea level!

Blake said...

You guys are nuts. I hate running, I need to do something though. That's awesome, I bet the only reason that person passed Cody was because he was being nice. I have seen him run and I don't believe that person passed him. ha.