Monday, May 5, 2008

Womans Conference






Last week my dad & mom sent me, and my 2 sisters (Jamie & Lindsey) to Womans Conference @ BYU. It was all of our first time going, and it was such a neat experience! We all picked what classes we wanted to go to, and were split up for most of the time. I ended up at a couple with both of my sisters. My mom missed the first day, but met up with us afterwards that night at the Marriott in SLC. We saw a movie, shopped, and ate at one of our favorite places THAIFOON @ the Gateway. On Friday morning we got up early and drove back down to BYU for the 2nd day of the classes. We went to a total of 6 classes between the 2 days. There were 2 that I enjoyed the most; one was on our Gifts & Talents, and the other was on Honesty. The best part was at the end on the 2nd day, President Monson spoke for an hour. That was the first time I have gotten to hear a prophet talk in person, so it was very neat! It was almost the first time that I have even been in the same room of a prophet, except for that a month ago I sat 4 seats away from President Monson at the JAZZ game!! My sister Jamie was very upset, because she had wanted to start the song WE THANK THEE OH GOD FOR A PROPHET, but some other woman beat her to it. It was so neat to hear that song sung and feel the spirit that filled the whole Marriott Center. It was sad to not have my other sister Stacey there, but she will come next year!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention singing the Prohets song, I think that was my highlight. Yeah, that honesty talk was my favorite too, it sure has changed the way I look at things.