Sunday, January 20, 2008

Finally on the band-wagon!


Okay, so I finally caved in and started a blog (sorry Mom & Stace). I was very anti-blog too, until it was mentioned that this could be turned into a journal.....GENIOUS!! I know just handwriting everything in my life down in a regular journal would be much quicker, but if it hasn't really happened after 29 yrs, I don't have much hope for that! This is going to be interesting, because I'm usually a very private person. My mom has been known to pay me to tell her my thoughts....no joke!
Alone time!!
Today Cody took the boys up to his partents house in Tremonton to spend the night. Since tomorrow is a bank holiday, Cody has work off and thought he would try and take the boys fishing. So, lucky for me I have the house to myself & some peace and quiet...YAHOO! I thought that this would be the perfect time to try and start this blog, since I'm a rookie and it's taking me forever!
What every mom needs...
Yesterday I organized a Mother's Day Out (MDO), with about 10 girls from the gym. It was a last minute thing, so we just went to lunch at Costa Vida, and then to see 27 Dresses. It was a cute show... very similar to How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, which is one of my all time faves!! The girls all had so much fun getting away for just a girls day, so I thought I'd make MDO official! We are going to get together once a month (w/out kids), and do some sort of activity, and either lunch or dinner. Lindsey has a similar club called "FOOFs". So I've already started planning next months MDO, which is going to be a TWILIGHT party! I' m stealing the idea from my 2 cousins Kelly and Tracy, and I'm so excited for it!

5 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

I am so excited that you have a blog...boo hoo to those that are anti!!! I actually use it for my journal and my plan is to make it into a book...I am with you on the journaling (have not been good about it for 31 years so might as well try a new method)!

Stacey said...

Hey how is it that you and Linny and I unknowingly all picked the same template? I still plan on writing in my journal since I write many many more personal and only relevant to me things in there. Plus I'll scrap since it's a hobby and my kids love looking at it.
Your moms day out sounds like something all my friends (but me) would love. I feel so busy that when I have free time I'd rather spend it alone or with Todd or just go for a run.....I'd say with a sister, but that can't happen.
How is it our cousins found this so fast. Jamie perhaps. Glad they did. I feel sad that I've lost touch with so many family. Pretty much I'm all alone up here. Hello!!

Annie said...

Imagine my utter shock upon hearing the news of your sojourn into the world of blogmania....i'm verclempt. This is going to save me a lot of money:)

Lindsey said...

Good for you for having an MDO. Hopefully your friend's husbands won't be so controlling and rain on your parade like some of my friend's husbands do. You will find that being the head of a club can be kind of stressful at times, but it's a worthy cause. Oh, and in response to our matching templates, I must say, I had mine first :)

Jamie Jo said...

Hmm. That's weird. You wouldn't read my blog because I said it was a way for me to keep a journal, but listed journal keeping as your reason for starting one. SJ~is what I have to say that boring to you? Jerk Store! I still love you. I guess after spending all that time with me on planes and in airports you're probably Jamie'd out!