Monday, December 8, 2008

Elfie Last year my friend, Tiffany Jensen, gave me this idea:
Get an elf and write a note to the children of the house explaining that Santa has sent her to live with them during the Christmas Season to watch their behavior and report back to Santa. Move the elf around the house so it looks like she is watching them from several different locations. Once in a while, have a treat next to her in the morning when they wake up and explain that Santa is rewarding them for good behavior.
Having done this for two years now, I can vouch for the fun of this idea. The boys love Elfie, and look for her when they wake up! If Jaken is being bad, Caleb will remind him that Elfie is watching.

4 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I think Elfie looks kinda scary.

Kylee said...

That is so awesome! that's a great idea. Remind me of that one when I have kids!

Smiley0709 said...

Elfie does look kinda freaky. Where did Tiffany find it? Yikes ;) ha ha.. But what a cute idea.. I can't wait to do stuff like that with Camdyn. I hope I remember.. Maybe i'll get a little elf teddy bear or something now and keep it for later years..

Annie said...

Oh please. Elfie is adorablely sweet looking. Very European. She must originally be from Denmark. I hope she doens't hear the mean remarks or she might have to report them to Santa....I'm just saying.