Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wasatch Back Relay

Our first legs that were up in the Valley, by my parents house.

Cody and I got talked into doing a relay called the Wasatch Back that starts in Logan, and ends up in Park City. It is 180 miles total, and 12 people to a team. Each person has to run 3 legs that range anywhere from 3.5 -7 miles, and rated either EASY, MODERATE, HARD, OR VERY HARD. We were both very nervous for it, as it grew closer and closer to the day. My legs were...3.5 miles EASY, 6.2 MODERATE, and 3.5 VERY HARD. You have about 6-8 hrs inbetween each leg. It was surprisingly a lot of fun, and we both did a lot better than we thought! We both ran in the middle of the night, and that was our favorite part! It was so peaceful, and there was a great crisp chill to the air. To finish off our last legs, I started first in Midway, and ran up the backside of the mountain to Deer Valley Resort. It was 80° out, and I climbed 1600 ft in 3.5 miles. I had to walk/run, but was still very pleased, because I passed 8 people (6 were men) and only got passesd by 2 people! I was so hot, and had only slept 1 hour in the past 30 hrs, but was able to finish strong w/ the help of my team! Cody took the last 4 miles up to the top, and didn't stop to walk at all!! Keep in mind, he is NOT a runner, and has only run outside (for fun) 5 times in his whole life!! Our team finished in 25 hrs 37 min and placed 71st out of 577 teams! We can't wait for next year!!

8 comments:

Lee said...

wow- that is seriously impressive! good job. I've heard from lots of people how much fun it is. I'm glad you guys had such a great experience.

Jamie Jo said...

I go back and forth between deciding to do things like that, or sticking to eating ice cream out of the carton while I watch movies. Do you think I should do a post about how last night I laid in bed and watched Tammy & The Bachelor while finishing off the cookie dough ice cream? I could list how fast I ate, and how nice and cool my bedroom was because I had cleaned the air filter of the A/C. Would it be as impressive as your life?

Stacey said...

This guy in my ward said yours and Cody's legs were on the steepest roads in Utah....has he ever been up to Powder Mt?? That I don't know, but he did one of those legs and said it was KILLER and much harder a race than Hood to Coast. Way to go! Glad you had so much fun. Now get that foot all better!

The Plewe Clan said...

OH MY GOSH! How fun! I am so jealous of that! I need to do that one time! Way to GO Superwoman!

Jamie Jo said...

Your blog is getting boring!! Update this thing, Sissy. No computer is no excuse. Come use mine!

The Wimmer 5 said...

When are we going to freakin get together. Miss you guys.

JD

Stanford Family said...

Hey cute girl, I think you need to update your blog. This post was from 2 months ago. J/k. We miss you guys....we need to hang out sometime. Are you still living in the valley? When is your house suppose to be finished? Just wondering. Well, keep in touch! Oh, I think I need to hire you as my personal trainer, I'm having a hard time losing my baby weight. Lol.

Stacey said...

Sara this is embarrasing:> Get up all the cute photos of your family!