Monday, May 5, 2008

Mexican Holiday

Our trusty little scooter!
Cody and his buddy's
View point from the road up to our house
All the girls

View from our bedroom balcony!

Love the scooter helmets!


Cody and I recently got back from Cabo San Lucas. It was our first time in Mexico, and a lot of fun! Although, I have to say that NOTHING can beat Phuket, Thailand!!! The day before we headed off, Jaken got sick with the flu...talk about bad timing!!! It broke my heart to have to leave him behind sick. Luckily, the morning we left, Lindsey was kind enough to give him a bath after he puked and pooped in his crib!! Those of you who know Lindsey, you know this is VERY big of her!!! She hates changing Emma's diapers....let alone cleaning my sick kid up! She drove both my boys up to my sister Jamie's house in Providence. Jaken threw up again in the car on the way there...SAD!! Jamie got him cleaned up and took such good care of him for me! She is such a good sister and really loves her neices and nephews so much! My mother-in-law was kind enough to go get Jaken and take him to her house for 2 days, and give him some one-on-one TLC!! Caleb got to hang out with his best friend & cousin DJ and even help him with a paper route @ 5am (his choice)! He also spent one night @ my Aunt Lee's house in Logan, and my mom and dad got back from AZ and tended both boys for 2 days! I'm so thankful I have such good family to watch my boys!
Ok, back to Mexico. We have some friends in St. George, whose parents own a gorgeous 12,000 sq ft house in Cabo. It sits up on a mountain and the ocean is directly below. There are 7 huge bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, a pool, hottub, and gorgeous views!! We flew down with Cody's best friend Nick (from Tremonton) and his new wife of 5 months Blythe. We met up with our friends at the airport there ( Josh & Sheridan) and 3 other couples from St. George that we didn't know. Luckily, they were cool, and we all got along great! They keep scooters at the house, so we had lots of fun riding them around town and down to the beach. We had tons of fun snorkeling, shopping, swimming, laying out, eating out, clubbing, skinny dipping, fishing, and just hanging out & relaxing! Luckily, Josh & Sheridan want to make it a yearly vacation!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh man alive that sounds like so much fun!!! You failed to mention this was part one of your three series birthday celebration. Happy 30th!!

Smiley0709 said...

WOW! Looks SO nice! YOur so lucky. I'm so jealous. And your lookin smokin' as always.. :)

Lee said...

that is a gorgeous place! how great of you to find such fun friends w/ connections! i'm glad you had such a fun time